Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Just living life...

I am so excited to be sitting at home in my pj's, watching TV and knowing I am off for the next 4 days.  Davis & Floyd NEVER closes so the fact that we have Friday, the 5th, off is definitely a first.  It has been a crazy three days though.  Mrs. Gail is back from vacation and I have spent lots of time this week going over all the stuff that happened while she was out.  It never fails, I think people wait until she's gone to come up with new things for me to have to do!  No worries though...I handled it all pretty well!!  Rebecca has been off this week, so not only do I have twice the work load as before but I still had to find time to do the mail.  Come to think of it at some point in the 10 years I have been D&F...I have done every other lady's job in our front office, at some point in time!  Monday night we had bible study again and it was awesome as usual.  I have to share one of the stories Priscilla shared.  She said when her oldest two boys were 3 & 1, she & her husband took them to Disney World.  The oldest boy was playing in a little play area and of course the after a while of watching his big brother play...the youngest decided he wanted to play too.  So, Priscilla got up and took him to let him slide down the slide.  She said when they got to the bottom she started looking for her oldest little boy and he was no where to be seen.  Of course...immediately she started panicking and asking everyone around if they had seen her oldest little boy.  She said staff members surrounded her asking her a ton of questions like what was he wearing, what name does he answer to... things like that.  She said that she literally sat down on the ground and started crying praying for God to bring her son back.  She said about 15 minutes later one of the park attendants came rushing toward her holding her son's hand.  She said she grabbed him up and just held him for a while.  In this reunion, she said she heard God say to her...you couldn't last 15 minutes without your son and I was willing to give mine up for you!  That story has stuck with me all week.  I know right after the babies were born we celebrated our first Christmas together.  I remember sitting holding Evan one night crying thinking what God did for us by giving up his Son.  I can't imagine willingly giving Evan's life to save this world.  God not only did it for those who love Him but also for those who don't love Him.  It's just amazing the love God has for us!  Anyways...for those of you looking to do a bible study...I HIGHLY recommend this one!!  I didn't get home until 10:00 that night.  That makes for a long day, when you leave at 7:15 in the morning and don't get home until 10:00 that night.  E&E were already in the bed so I didn't even get to see them Monday.  Then, Tuesday was just as hectic at work!  It was busy again plus Lauren's Daddy was having his brain surgery...so Lauren was texting us all day with updates.  Thankfully as of right now, everything went as planned, they were able to get all of the tumor and he is doing good.  Last I heard he was still in ICU but they knew he would be there  right at first.  That is definitely an answered prayer!!   After work Katie & I were meeting KG & Angela for supper.  We meet at 6:30 and it was still 10:00 again before I got home.  I didn't get to see my babies another day!!  You know you're having fun when you sit at a table for 3 straight hours talking and eating!!  I love getting together with old friends.  We have a play date set for next Friday with all the kids.  Poor Emma is still being surrounded by BOYS!!!  Angela got the waitress to take our picture...so I stole it to put on the blog.  We have been friends forever and no matter how much time passes without us seeing each other...it seems like we just pick up from the last time we were together.  Here is a picture of our night out. 
 
Well, that's about it for this update.  Hoping the rain holds off tomorrow so we can get outside and enjoy the pool.  Then, hopefully some BBQ.  It can't be a 4th of July celebration without BBQ.  Then, Friday...we are planning to try the Zoo again...if the weather cooperates.  It will just be us this time.  Lauren is still in Charleston with her family.  Then, we are having a fish fry Friday night.  We had planned for it to be last Thursday and Justin had a ball game and Alison had something come up so we change it to this Friday.  I love some good fried fish!!  YUM!!. Come back to hear all about the zoo experience!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment