Sunday, March 29, 2015

8 years and counting...

Tuesday Justin and I will celebrate 8 years of marriage.  This past February we celebrated 16 total years together.  I can't believe I have put with him that long!!  I joke and say things like that but I wouldn't trade him for anything!!  He is my best friend and I thank God every day for him.  He provides for us and always tries to do whatever I want.  He may not love my ideas but he always goes along with them.  He is a great daddy!!  He genuinely loves our two kids and is one of the best daddy's I have ever been around!!  I am so blessed to have him in my life!!  After Evan's ball practice last week...we headed to Charleston for the weekend.  My mom kept E&E Saturday afternoon and Katie kept them Saturday night.  We had our 3rd Saturday outing with the Sunday school class so Katie & Matt took them and Laney.  They are getting brave and venturing out with all three of them now!!  They said E&E were good at the social and even took them by Connie Maxwell to see the animals when heading home.  Apparently a llama looked in Evan's window.  He was happy about that.  Anyway...back to our trip.  We got to Charleston about 4:00 and checked into the hotel.  Next time we try to plan an event...we are going to check other events going on that weekend as well.  We had an awful time finding a hotel because it was fashion week in Charleston that weekend and all the hotels were booked with people in town for that!  Luckily I found us one.  We headed down to board the boat about 6:15.  The boat has tables for two only but when I signed us up...those were booked and we ended up sitting with an older couple there celebrating their 46th wedding anniversary.  I was a little nervous how this would go but it was great!!  They were the neatest couple and this lady sure had a great testimony.  She had cancer many years ago that cause damage to her heart.  So, she had a pacemaker, she was bad diabetic and even had to go give herself an insulin shot during the meal, she was deaf in her right ear and hard of hearing in her left ear.  Two years ago, she was in hospice not expecting to live and here she sat in front of us alive and as well as could be.  Her husband was so sweet to her.  You could just tell he takes good care of her and was so patient and gentle with her.  It was so encouraging to see and older couple who had been through some tough times still in love!  She wants to go on a cruise but he said he was afraid to go that far with her by himself.  They were originally from Pittsburgh but live in Myrtle Beach now.  So, it was a fun night getting to know them and another couple that was right beside us.  This other couple was celebrating two years of marriage.  The girl was a dental hygienist and is fixing to start back to school to become a dentist and the guy was a personal banker!!  They were a lot of fun too!!  The food was DELICIOUS!!!  I have never had a steak as good at the one I had that night!!  Our dinner was a three course meal.  We had she-crab soup, a salad...that was a little different than your normal salad, and then I had steak, horseradish potatoes that were really good!, and green beans.  Justin had mahi-mahi and he said it was delicious too!  As we were eating, you would see dolphins swimming by and it was just a neat night!!  The weather actually turned out good.  It was a little breezy up on the top after dinner but not bad!  The last stop on the boat was the Ravenal bridge.  It was so pretty to see at night all lit up.  Our cruise ended about 9:30 and we headed back to the hotel.  We had a great time celebrating our anniversary!!
                  
A couple pictures of us!!

The boat as we were boarding!!

We headed home Sunday morning.  Katie & Matt braved public again and went to church with all three kiddos in tow!  They even made the early service.  After lunch at my moms and after Justin and I got home...we dyed Easter eggs!  Evan was in heaven.  He loves some eggs!!  Justin took at couple pictures while Katie worked with the kids.



They had a great time with aunt Katie and we had a great little get away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment