Sunday, February 1, 2015

New Year=New Things...Part #3

This is going to be my last post in this series!!  Well...here we are on a Sunday night again.  Evan is laying in his bed watching his ipad, Emma is already asleep because she skipped nap time, Justin is watching the Super Bowl, and I am waiting on my next load of laundry to finish drying!  We are party animals!! We have had a fun filled week!  Wednesday we made our trip to the circus!!  We left Greenwood right at 4:30, stopped for supper, ran by Cabela's, and got to the arena about 6:45.  We made good time!  The doors opened not long after we got in line and we were able to go down on the floor for some pre-circus fun.  They brought one of the elephants out and it was doing tricks.  Evan LOVED that.  Then, we tried to get their picture with some of the circus people...but they weren't having any part of that.  So, we headed for the potty's and to get some popcorn and drinks before the show started.  We didn't buy anything at the circus last year because they were little enough for me to pack them a bag...so we were quite shocked at the prices!  A bag of popcorn and two drinks was $20!  I couldn't believe that.  But they enjoyed it none the less thanks to MaMa and the money she gave them to spend at the circus!  They enjoyed the show!  They sat or stood right between me & Justin the whole time and watched.  It was hard to get bored when their is so much going on!  As we were leaving, Evan looked at Justin and said...I had fun at the circus!  I love that sweet boy and his love for animals.  I had packed their pj's...so we changed in the car before we left and they were out just a few miles down the road.  We didn't take to many pictures...but I will share a couple!
It is nearly impossible to take a selfie with four people in the picture! 

They were so excited to finally see the elephants!!

Friday afternoon, Bennett, Jillian, & Jonathan come over to see us.  The kids played and played while us adults got to talk for a while.  They are now at a good age where they can just go play and we don't have to watch them constantly!  Emma & Evan enjoyed playing with Bennett!!  Saturday morning, we got up and headed to Spartanburg to celebrate Corley & Cooper's birthdays at Pump It Up in Spartanburg.  It is the same type place as Jumpin Jax.  They played and played.  Even Justin and I raced in the obstacle course a couple times.  We had fun and E&E loved watching us race!!  They were exhausted by the time we got to the car.  Saturday night we had our annual gathering with our high school friends.  I think KG said this was our 11th time getting together since high school.  It started out just us 6 girls...then we added 6 husbands, and now we have added 6 kids.  Our group is growing fast!!  Here is a picture of us girls with our kiddos!!  
Wow...what a crew!! Once again poor Emma was surrounded by boys!!  Next year...Laney will be able to play!  

So, as the title says...this is part #3 of our new year=new things.  Well...January 5th...I started the 21 Day Fix workout program by Beachbody and I finished it this past week.  I did really good!  I am down almost 10 lbs and have lost inches.  I didn't measure myself before I started but I can tell just by my clothes that I have lost inches.  I am getting ready to start round two tomorrow!  I still have a long way to go but I am going to get there!!  I have a great reason too because we will be getting a new pool within the next few weeks!  We are so excited about getting an in-ground pool!  If any of you have seen our pool and deck that we have now...it needs a lots of work.  Mainly the deck and instead of putting money into that...we have decided on the in-ground pool.  We have gotten several estimates and made up our minds which one we are going with.  The pool company has one pool they are starting on tomorrow and three others trying to get financing.  So, since we already have our financing issues figured out...we should be next in line after the one they are starting tomorrow.  If not...we still have several months before pool season anyway!!  We are also planning to add to the Turner clan!! No...I am not talking baby!!  I am talking chickens!! I know I have shared so often about Evan's love for animals and chickens rank pretty high on his list.  Well on his list of possible animals at his house anyway!!  We don't live on a farm but as long as these chickens don't smell or keep me awake...I am ok with him getting some chickens!!  I think Justin is just about as excited as Evan is.  Justin is just excited about building the chicken coop!  As if he needs to add another thing to his to-do list!!  And I hate to end on a sad note, but our sweet Cody may not be around much longer.  He had a large tumor come up the end of the summer.  We have begged and begged Justin to take him to the vet.   Justin is ATTACHED to this dog.  I type that in all caps because Justin doesn't show emotions much but each time we talk about putting Cody to sleep...you can tell how much it bothers him.  Justin was pitiful when Sadie drowned.  I was almost afraid to leave him.  He felt like it was his fault and took him several weeks to get over that.  So I am not looking forward to what it will be like when Cody is not longer here.  Justin finally took him to the vet last week.  They told him exactly what he didn't want to hear.  The tumor probably isn't a good tumor from the looks of it and the coloring in Cody's eyes and gums, and the fact that he is loosing weight.  So, we have three options.  1) go ahead and put him to sleep  2)try to remove it and if when they open him up and see that it is a "bad" tumor...then they will put him to sleep  or 3) do surgery and if they see it is a good tumor they will remove it.  Of course, we opted for option #2.  Justin feels like at least this way he will have tried to help Cody and not just put him to sleep.  He was supposed to take Cody Friday and came up with an excuse as to why he needed to wait until this week.  So, the plans are to take him one day this week!  He has by far been the best dog ever!!  There will never be a dog as good as this one has been!! We got Cody three months before we got married so he has been a part of our lives for over 8 years!  He will defintiely be missed!!  Anyway...that's whats going on with us!! Hope you all have a good week and that the ground hog doesn't see his shadow tomorrow!!  Bring on SPRING!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment