Friday, February 13, 2015

Dance Fever!!

Last weekend was an exciting one!! Emma finally got to go to the "fire" dance! This is what she thought we were saying when we said "Father/Daughter" dance. It took us a while to make her understand what we were saying. Then she started calling it "Father" dance. Either way ...it was close enough! From the moment we told her about this dance, she has talked and talked about it.  Every day and I literally mean every day as soon as she gets home she puts on one of her dress-up dress and wears it over her clothes until bath time.  And she twirls around non-stop.  She even talks Evan into holding her hand up so she can twirl around like a ballerina!
This is what I am talking about!!

 She is most definitely taking dance in the fall!!  I already have a reminder set up on my calendar at work to remind me to call about registration in May.  She LOVES to dance!!  So, Saturday night, we got her bathed and dressed.  I fixed her hair and even used a little hair spray.  That was a big deal to her!  I put on some of her play make-up.   It is real make-up but it is such light colors that you can't really tell it's on.  I painted her fingernails and toenails.  She was all ready.  I even bought her a corsage to match her dress.  Actually I hadn't even thought anything about it and my mom called me Saturday morning asking if I had her one.  So, I called the lady at Bi-Lo and she made me one in 30 minutes for $5.00...and it matched perfectly!!  So, of course we got ready to take pictures before we left and my camera batteries were dead!  Of all times and I couldn't find anymore that worked!  I was so mad!  We resorted to Justin's cellphone because mine was dead and all of our pictures were hazy.  I was so disappointed.  But anyway...this is the best we had of the night!!

So, they were off to the dance.  Justin said once they got there Emma stood right beside him most of the night and watched the other little girls dance.  He does have one short video of her dancing.  Their picture time was 8:00.  So, they ate a little and took their pictures.  After that, they left and Justin took her to Dairy Queen for some ice cream.  She had such a good time with her daddy!!  We got the proofs this week of the pictures taken at the dance.  Her's & Justin's pictures were absolutely precious!!  So many people have said how good they were!!  I have ordered the one of the two of them that I like best. I tried to take a picture of it and this is the best I could get.  You have to ignore the Copyright stamped all over it and the fact that the colors are faded out but it gives you an idea of just how precious this picture is!!  I LOVE IT!!!


So, my little princess had a wonderful night!!  And of course since Emma was having her first date...I took my little man on his first date too!!  We went to the movies to see the movie Paddington while Daddy & Emma went to the dance.  Lauren & Colby went with us!!  Evan did so great at the movie and I knew he would.  He loves all kinds of movies about animals!!  I got him a bag of popcorn and a drink and he was good to go.  Him and Colby sat in the same seat for a while and share popcorn.  It was such a fun time.  I sure hope they are good friends always!!  After the movie they wanted to race the cars outside and of course we let them.  They couldn't reach the pedals so we had to help a little.  


We had a great time too.  So, Emma & Evan's first dates were a success!!  They are growing up too fast!! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment