Sunday, January 18, 2015

A promise kept...

Well, our weekend started off with a visitor!!  I took Emma to the doctor Friday morning for her cough.  So, I went back and picked Evan after her appointment and we met Justin for lunch.  Then, we headed over to Jennifer's to pick up Laney for the afternoon.  Katie was out of town for a conference...so what a great time for us to keep this sweet girl.  She was a perfect little angel.  Emma & Evan took naps once we got home but me and Laney just hung out.  She watched me fold clothes.  We sang every song on my phone.  We played with all of her toys and once Justin came home and E&E got up from their naps...we went outside for a little bit.  She was so good and only cried one time probably about 15 minutes before Katie got to the house to pick her up and that was only because she was tired.  I went in Evan's room and rocked her and within minutes...she was out!  We had so much fun playing with her!! 
She looks like she is saying "Are you taking my picture again??" I just love this sweet girl!!
I can't wait until I get to take her & Reid places with E&E!!  They are all going to be so close...I know it!!  Now...as for Saturday...if you have ever met Evan, you know he LOVES animals.  That was actually something we tried bribing him with when it came to potty training. We promised him a trip to the zoo.  We thought we would be going during the warm summer months but as you know...that didn't happen.  Well, since he has had several good weeks with no accidents...we decided it was time to keep our promise to him. So, since this weekend was supposed to be so pretty and not cold and rainy like the last few have been...we headed to the Greenville Zoo Saturday morning.  A friend of mine's grandma died on Thursday so we ran by the funeral home to speak to her on our way to Greenville.  We got there about 11:45 and it was a perfect day.  Here are the couple pictures we took of the day.  (I'm not going to share all my random animal pictures!! :))
Checking out the monkeys!

The snakes were a little creepy but Evan enjoyed looking at them!

She wasn't too sure about the reptile center.  Me neither...sweet girl...me neither!!

My big boy on the lion!

And my big girl!

They were discussing these big turtles!!

The black swan that I was afraid might just come over and peck their hands!

And a picture of me with my big boy on his triop!!

After we left, we stopped for lunch and headed home.  I asked Evan on the way home if he enjoyed the day and he said he did.  I asked his favorite part and he said "All those animals!"  I think I have talked Justin into getting him a few chickens.  I know we don't live on a farm but that would be something we could have and actually benefit from.  Who doesn't like fresh eggs??  One day I know he is going to have a farm of his own!!  So, that was pretty much our weekend!  Our new flooring arrived on Thursday and we plan to tackle that project starting this week.  The sooner we get it started...the sooner we get it finished!! We are all getting haircuts and I am getting some much needed color this week!! Then, me & Justin are going to have a date night this coming Friday and E&E may spend the night with Katie.  Those details aren't definite though! :)  Next week, we have tickets to the circus...so that will be a fun treat too!!  So, for now...it's bedtime for two little munchkins!!  Hope you all have a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment