Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A birthday celebration and the Polar Express

Well, I am a little behind posting but better late than never right??  Last Wednesday, Katie & I celebrated our 31st birthday!  We are now IN our thirties!  Yikes!!  My day started off great.  First thing, Emma & Evan brought me my present and it was a new camera!  I have been wanting one for a while.  I love it!!  No more having to borrow Alison's camera when I want to take pictures!  We celebrated at work with cake like we do for everyone's birthday.  We didn't celebrate with family because Katie had a meeting but we celebrated Thursday night.  There...I got to put my new camera to use.  What better subjects to photograph than.... my sweet niece
 my sweet nephew...
 or my two sweet peas who were too busy playing with these little animals to let their momma take their picture??? 
I got a new pocketbook, boots, sweater, scarf, bracelet, & money from my family.  Overall it was a GREAT birthday!  Friday night, we headed over to Connie Maxwell for their Christmas program. We intended to get there at 6:30 for the live nativity.  Justin and Evan even left the woods early to be home by 5:45.  I didn't take into account the traffic that we would get stuck in trying to park.   So, we ended up getting there about 6:45.  We rode on the wagon ride, saw the farm animals, and drank some hot chocolate.  We saw lots of people we knew...so we talked a while too!  Saturday morning...we got up and headed off to Bryson City!  It was a yucky day!  It was raining and nasty!  We stopped in Anderson for lunch and were off again...only to get stuck in several small town parades!  The rain stopped and it was absolutely beautiful driving through the mountains.  There was fog everywhere! 

It was so neat seeing the mountain peaks above the clouds!  What a great chance to take some more pictures??  We went ahead and checked in the hotel and since Emma & Evan were snoozing in the car...we thought we'd get them inside and let them finish napping before changing into our pj's.  But we were wrong to ever think they'd keep sleeping once we got inside the hotel.  They were WIDE awake and ready to go!  That was just a power nap for them!!  So, we got dressed and headed to the train.  Here are the couple pictures we took while waiting in line to board the train and while we were waiting on the train ride to start.  
The train had just pulled back into the station!

Trying to pass the time with pictures as we waited for our ride!

And more pictures!

And we swapped kids...

And took more pictures!!

Finally they time came for us to board the train and they were so excited.  They looked out the window most of ride.  

Waiting to get started!

My handsome boys!

Our attempt at a group shot.  It wasn't happening!

You can barely see here but this is what we saw when we arrived at the North Pole.  Santa was in his sleigh waving at the kids.  We had talked to E&E and told them that Santa was going to be getting on the train with them.  I even asked them what they were going to tell Santa they wanted for Christmas.  Emma told me she wants a puppy, a baby, & a baby doll.  I am not sure what you tell your kids when they don't get what they ask Santa for.  Sorry child, but you aren't getting a puppy or a baby! :)  Evan told me he wanted apples & bananas to feed to the animals.  He has such a heart for animals!!  So, Santa boarded the train and they didn't panic.  They just looked at him.  He even gave them a present and they took it from him.  So, no screaming like I had anticipated!!  In the book...Santa gave the little boy a bell and that was what Santa gave all the kids on the train.  Evan was too cute. As Santa was coming back through our train car to leave...Evan grabbed his bell and said "I better give Santa his bell back".  Santa was giving all the kids five and when Evan held out his hand to give him the bell back...Santa thought Evan was trying to give him pound.  So, he bumped Evan's hand and went on.  Evan looked at me so seriously and said "But, I still have his bell".  It was so sweet.  I couldn't help but laugh and try to tell him it was meant for him to keep the bell.  It was a fun night.  The hot chocolate and cookie they served were so good.  It was definitely something I was glad we did with them.  So, now we are back into our weekly routine.  We actually made our teachers ornaments for school yesterday afternoon and will be working on their classmates ornaments hopefully tomorrow.  Christmas is sneaking up on me!!  Anyway...I highly suggest going on the Polar Express at least once!!  Happy Tuesday!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment