Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Let the Christmas Festivities begin...

Well, we are two weeks into December and we are in full swing when it comes to Christmas gatherings!  We started this past weekend.  Friday night was my work Christmas party.  We did something a little different this week.  We went to the Federal building for supper catered by Montagues.  Then we headed next door to the Community Theater for a Christmas benefit.  It was a Christmas concert by Ashby Stokes, the Colly Birds, & the Swinging Medallions.  It was a great concert!  I love Christmas music but these guys did an awesome job!  I have already talked several people into going back next year.  After it was over we went back to the Federal building for dessert and presents.  I didn't win anything again this year!  I won a camera several years ago and I think that is all I have ever won in over 11 years!  Saturday morning we headed over to Jillian's for a 1st annual Christmas brunch with all the kids!  They all had a great time.  By the looks of Jillian's house when we were getting ready to leave...they had a great time!  Here are a couple pictures I took from the party.
Warren & Bennett painting!

Emma, Evan, & Lillianna painting!

Evan takes his painting seriously!

My two cuties!!

Time to eat!!  Colby joined in for food! :)

Saturday afternoon we finally got to have our family pictures made.  I booked a session with Jennifer back in either September or October and we are just now getting it done.  The one weekend that was actually pretty weather and 
y mom just wanted a picture of the kids but we decided to do a family picture and each individual family picture, all the kids pictures individually, all the couples pictures, and the three sisters pictures.  So, even thought I am only posting a few...we took at lot of pictures!  
This was the best picture of the grandkids!  Laney & Reid cooperated with Emma & Evan holding them well!  Other than the one time Emma put Laney in a choke hold trying to hug her.  We rescued Laney pretty quickly though!  

The whole group shot!  I think it was pretty good to get all 12 of us to look at the same time!

                          
These were the two best shots of my sweeties!  

Sunday afternoon we had the Leopard family gathering with Justin's step-dad's family.  It is normally at the Sartin's house but since there were all sick...they had it at Mike& Dottie's house.  So, we headed out there for lunch and a present swap! This year they decided that instead of bringing other kids presents, we would just bring our own kid a present.  I just wrapped up something I had bought Santa to bring them.  Sunday night we headed back to church for our Christmas parties.  The kids did a "Christmas in the Barn" theme party.  They had to dress up like farmer's or cowboys & cowgirls.  We put this years Halloween costumes to use again!  While they partied downstairs...we had our party upstairs.  Everyone brought finger foods and we did the white elephant gift exchange.  Justin and I ended up with a gingerbread candle and water proof fishing pants.  Not too bad considering what other people ended up with.  I think Matt got the worst present!  We had a a good time socializing and eating!  Sunday night...Emma woke up running a fever.  So, we were stuck at home other than the time we spent at the doctor's office. I thought she might have a UTI but she didn't.  Everytihng checked out fine so we aren't sure what was causing this fever.  We got out the crafts I had given them Sunday at the Leopard gathering.  Painting always makes them feel better.  Here are my babies working away!!
She doesn't look too sick does she??



She was still running a fever today so I kept them home again today.  Hopefully they will be back at school tomorrow and back into a routine!  Christmas is approaching quickly!  We have to buy one more gift and we are finished!  Hope you all are enjoying these holidays and time spent with family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment