Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's happening with the Turner's...

It is a rainy Wednesday afternoon here.  Emma & Evan are playing so I thought I would give a little update on our lives.  I went for my biopsy yesterday.  I had it in my mind that this was going to be horrible.  Thankfully I was wrong.  It wasn't something I would volunteerely do again...but it wasn't too bad.  When I first arrived they took me in for an ultrasound to be sure the mass hadn't changed and to locate exactly where the radiologist would have to stick the needle for the biopsy.  Then, the radiologist came in along with a nurse and a pathologist.  The pathologist's purpose was to be sure the samples the radiologist collected were efficent enough that they wouldn't have to go back in for more samples.  That was a blessing because when the pathologist was finished making sure the samples were okay he told me that nothing really screamed cancer to him...so that gives me a little peice of mind.  I'm not clear just yet because there were some things he wanted to check when he got back to his lab...but as often as he does this...I feel like he knows what cancer looks like these days.  Then, I went to have my blood work drawn.  I have my appointment with Dr. Tarasidis tomorrow.  He will dicuss with me what the results were of the biopsy and whether he is taking out the whole thyroid or just half.  I am still nervous about the appointment and the upcoming surgery...but I am still trusting God and knowing he will take care of me.  In baby news...Emma is up to 23 lb. 4 oz. We know that because I took her to the doctor today to check her lungs.  She's had a little cough for the past fews days...and I am a paranoid momma!! :)  Our little bottomless pit better slow down or she is going to catch Evan.  Last time we took him in he weighed 24lbs.  He has definitely slimmed up since he started walking.  My little chunky monkey isn't too chunky anymore!!  They are doing all kinds of things anymore.  Talk all the time and we are able to make out more and more words.  I just LOVE watching them and how curious they are.  Every night when we put them in the bed...I always check them before we go to bed.  That is my FAVORITE part of the day.  Nothing is sweeter than a sleeping baby.  They look so peaceful and I just thank God for them all the time.  They bring so much joy into our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment