Friday, September 26, 2014

The Greenwood County Fair

Well,  Wednesday night we headed to the Greenwood County Fair.  I have lived here all 30 years of my life and I have never been to the Greenwood Fair.  It was much better than I was expecting.  I knew it wouldn't compare to the State Fair but it was much bigger than I thought it would be.  Like I mentioned in my earlier post it was pretty cool outside but I guess Fair weather is cooler weather.  We pulled up and there were VERY few cars in the parking lot so we went for supper and headed back.  This time there were more cars there and the tiger show was about to start.  Evan loved it.  Emma was pretty excited too!  After the show you could feed the tiger.  Evan wanted to do it until it was time to actually do it.  Then, he got scared.  So, Justin fed the tiger and then all of a sudden Evan wanted to do it again.  We weren't paying to do it again...so he just had to settle for watching Daddy feed the tiger.
                    
Jumping through the ring of fire!

The white tiger!



Daddy feeding the tiger!

Then of course we had to stop by the petting zoo before we left.  We fed goats and petted the donkeys, turkeys, cows, chickens, and horses.  This kind of stuff is what Evan LOVES!!  He's going to own a farm one day...I know it! :)

               

               

So, that was our trip to the fair.  We didn't ride any of the rides because we hope to go the state fair in a couple of weeks and I wasn't spending money on that stuff twice!  So, it was a fun night.  Well, considering I didn't look at the date of the next 96 game we won't be attending one tonight because this week is their by week! As for other news...we had a low country boil at work this afternoon.  We have started having parking lot parties on Friday afternoons and I love it.  The accounting department is responsible for the next outing.  We have already started planning! I also ordered my first Christmas present today!  We had planned to get Emma a bitty baby by American Girl for Christmas.  Luckily for us...Janice was watching the Today show this morning and the American girl doll and bitty baby were their steal and deal of the day!  She called and I was able to order Emma's baby for 60% off!  I was SO excited!!  I know she is going to love her bitty baby! That was pretty much it for our week.  Justin has to work all weekend so we won't be doing much ourselves.  Have a happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment